Page based design is dead! Why?
- Page based design is not user centered, period. (People think in results for themselves, not in your product line.)
- Pages silo interaction and information by default. (It’s hard to create an immersive experience with pages).
- Every page is a potential drop-off point. (Especially if your business logic approach takes lead in your designs)
- Pages are static & don’t resonate emotionally. (How about you walk in a shop, and you get the exact same greeting over and over? Homepage change content, but don’t shape around me. User centered?)
- Pages don’t support customer journeys very well (especially if you have a multitude of customer journeys)
- Interaction & development debt in the page based design paradigm is hard to maintain.
To put is from an bluntly from an UX perspective;
Pages are arrogant, why does somebody else choose how I get to interact with the information or result/need I am looking for?
I am looking for a certain results, I need something, I want something fixed. This perspective shift enables fluid experience design with conversational or transitional UI.
What is Conversational GUI?
Conversational Graphical User Interface is a new way of thinking about creating a relationship with your audiences.
A system based on a chat-like approach, not using AI (yet), guiding users through a certain flow with graphical interfaces. It’s fully focused on the need of the user. It stores choices in your open profile – and you are in control of your data all the time – but the system learns what you are interested in and visualises this for you if you want.
It’s a webdesign paradigm shift. Why would you interact with pages when you can have a conversation and learn what people want.
- Conversation enables a customer journey by default
- It’s resonates emotionally. It feeds our needs more fluidly.
- It’s result driven
- It’s a turn based proces, which can be continued on a later time seamlessly. (How many times did you start over your search for a nice holiday?)
- It’s a new way of interacting with your (potential) customers.
Design principles for Conversational GUI.
- I Just Ask
- I socially enrich data-sets
- I learn on the go
- I am transitional, Agile & over a fluid experience
- I adopt around you, but you are in control, always.
- I combine information flows in context
- I can process data in the background by default
- I can seamlessly switch between scripts & real people.
Want to know more? Give me a call, +31 6 5 163 0 162 or drop a line in the chat.